Home Base

I like to play around with all kinds of different blog names.  Now I find myself back at The Doug Kenline Newsletter.  Seems to be the best place maybe for random thoughts and random writing.  I could sit and post pictures to Facebook and Twitter all day but people might start thinking I've gone a little overboard on Facebook and Twitter.  They are two different animals it seems.  Twitter seems to be more out there in the political world but today I started following a bunch of these farmer and heavy equipment types and cattle ranchers and all kinds of rural types.  I like the pictures they post of the country life.

I live in the city and pretty much like it here.  The farm life looks good and I like reading about it and looking at pictures and thinking about the dollars and cents of ranching and farming which is probably not too good in most cases and always a lot of hard work.  A lot of hard physical labor.  I prefer to sit at my desk in my office and type on the keyboard.

And having followed the Dave Ramsey baby step program and  having now graduated from baby step seven and having turned sixty years of age and  having lived off of beans and rice and rice and  beans for the last twenty years and having saved every penny that I ever made while working every waking hour, I am not opposed to relaxing and taking it easy and slowly moving towards retirement.

Well my job is easy and it's only forty hours a week unless I take a PTO day and then it's only thirty hours a week.  So it would be hard to convince me at this point to trade this in for a one man cattle ranch.  Sounds like oh yea the good life but you might better want to think twice about it especially if you're getting to be in the upper age bracket like myself.

So I'll just sit here and type.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  Reading is the really fun thing and playing guitar.  I like to eat tacos, and pizza, and cheeseburgers more than anything else in the world but I have to eat salads and not much of that on account of I get fat real fast and I done been up to three hundred five pounds and now back down to one hundred eighty pounds and this is where I'm trying to stay.

Fourth of July.  I just heard my first firecracker of the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Game

Vaccine passport.