Learning how to play chess.


I  don't know if John Bunyan played chess or not.  But he did have a dream.  And his dream was about Jesus Christ and getting to heaven.  Good book so far.  Printed in Philadelphia in 1878 by the publisher who started the Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper.  Harding I think was his name.  Second most read book in human history next to the bible.  Recommended by Pastor Tony Spell.  I'm also plowing through the book of Numbers while listening to Pastor Murray cover the chapters on audio to help to soften up the ground.

So in business you have to outwork your opponent.  It's pretty plain and simple.  You work so hard the competition falls by the wayside.  Now you just have to decide what game you want to play.  If you choose to play chess you will have some serious competition.  But I like the masters who say they never play to win but only to learn.  If they win that is nice but to learn and become better is the way to approach the game.  And John Bunyan and Pastor Spell will tell you about winning in life.

Or if you choose to play the guitar or trade options in the stock market you can pretty much know that the odds of you winning the world championship could be slightly against you.  When I was on the wrestling team in high school the coach asked us all to write down our goal for the year.  I wrote down state champion.  He said you might want to try to make the varsity here first which I never did even that.  But I did get better and even won some JV tournaments.  Gold medal baby.

Now this one wrestler kid, sophomore 92-0 second state championship in Nebraska.  Holy cow.   But Dave Ramsey will tell you.  Dave will tell you about financial peace.   To not even be at peace financially, to have big consumer credit card debt and looming bankruptcy and housing insecurity.  Well forget about the national  championship, you got to focus on the baby steps.  I'm thinking about doing the Dave Ramsey financial coach program.  I'm thinking I would give away my services along with buy the products for my clients.  I couldn't do it for everybody in the world but I could do it for one family or one young man or woman or single parent.  

The qualm that always goes through my mind when I think I would like to be a Ramsey financial coach and see his ads saying I could make money doing it is why would I go out and find somebody who needs help and hasn't got a penny to their name and then try to charge them to show them the baby steps which any quick internet search can find for free.  But to give away my time and buy some of the books and give them away as gifts and then just help to motivate and encourage them.  But that is a long and tough road to plow down kind of like becoming a preacher.  God's work to be sure.

And I'm thinking with the Dave Ramsey financial coach program I guess he would get a lead for me and then I would just say hello it's all free I'm giving whatever Dave says to charge you for I'm giving it to you for free.  Now go find the seven baby steps and get to work.  God bless.

Now that is somebody who is still on baby step one.  For a 59 year old man like myself who has been hammering away on the baby steps for 20 years and has completed baby step seven and is now on the step of giving and building wealth and living like Dave says to live it's like man there are so many people out there who would love to be all the way through and done and graduated and successful baby step sevener's.  It's like I used to look at the CCIE Cisco Certified Internet Engineers.  And it takes work to get there.  Probably like some of the five star recruits coming to play for Coach Prime.

Will any of the names on his roster today ever be in the NFL Hall of Fame?  Time will tell.  Zach and Joey would tell me it's all rigged.  And that would put Coach Prime in a precarious position with me.  Is he playing along with the rigged NFL and the Damar Hamlin thing?  Will he stop his prayer meetings with his team because the after school satan club said so?  

Stay tuned for these stories and more here at The Doug Kenline Newsletter.  Good night, and good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Game

Vaccine passport.