Coach Prime's Church


I wonder where Coach Prime goes to church.  I don't go to church.  I work on Sunday mornings.  Maybe that's why Coach Prime likes coaching college because they play on Saturday, the Sabbath day.  Pastor Murray says when you're watching him on TV you're in church.  I guess I belong to a radio ministry.  J. Vernon McGee could tell you a little bit about that.

I guess on the one hand, as Zietevfe on Fiddler on the Roof would say, on the one hand it doesn't matter and on the other hand it does matter.  People are kind of like molecules.  There is attraction and repulsion to both extremes adding up to somewhere in the middle.  The good white folks of Boulder, Colorado are following the lead of Athletics Director Rick George who has been there since a young man and now is an old man trying to get another old man a black man to get him a  national championship.

It takes a  program in college football.  You  better have all your pieces parts if you think you're going to get a national championship.  Rick and Dieon were attracted to each other.  Each was looking for the other.  The subset of candidates on both sides of the house was a pretty short list.  Coach had other options as did AD RG but also the risk of ending up with a dud deal.  When you lay it all on the line you lay it all on the line.  

Either way both of them would be fine.  Big homes.  Lots of money.  Rhinestone boots  and new shiny cars.  Both are buttressed from the street by financial assets and income.  I don't think they pay Rick George $29 million over 5 years but I'm sure he has a nice college administrator job with many years under his belt and if he's been following Dave Ramsey I'm sure he's doing fine.  You  never know what's going on behind the scenes though.  People dying, babies  being born.  Who's cheatin' who and who's  bein true.

Coach Prime naturally makes himself a target for political discussion.  But it seems the gematria folks have the media pretty locked down on what they're allowed to say and what questions they should ask of course questions probably shouldn't get too personal but you can ask Don Trump about getting slammed by the media.  If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen I  guess they say.  Here at the Doug Kenline Newsletter we don't pull any punches.

But look at Nick Saban and the big fat guy from Kansas City with the red nose  and red hat and red sweatsuit that says Kansas City on it.  They never weigh-in on politics or religion.  I guess it's just the way it is but it seems to be guided in that direction.  Thomas Jefferson and the Sons of Liberty League felt they had to write anonymously at first but I think were later hanged in public.

Meanwhile on the goo-roo front I have once again run head on into Del Whamsley.  He let's his political feelings right out there front and center in no uncertain terms.  A good leadership quality when it comes down to the end times.  My bug out plan is to go to some church probably Rodney Howard-Browne's church down in Tampa, Florida.  Or maybe Pastor Terry down in Virginia Beach.  But maybe there will be peace in our time.

Not too many people want to see Russian tanks pummeling your neighborhood first thing in the morning before you've had your cup of coffee.  I'd guess that the majority of people in the good old united States of America spend most of their time doing other things.  But when they knock on your door and say roll up your sleave buddy then you  hope some pastor has been gaining enough ground on the front lines that you had fair warning and were able to put a do not disturb sign on your door.

So yes  real estate and Del Whamsley are hard to argue against.  And I also like the Dave Ramsey plan.  I have ridden with Dave for so long I guess I'll probably just ride on in to the sunset on the Dave Ramsey plan.  Like he says, contentment is the key.  I would be content if I had $55 million too Dave.  And I am content on what I  have today, and I have been content living in a boarding house and driving an old beater car.  And I am content driving that same old beater car today.

It's like Johnny Paycheck says, the car that I'm driving, may not be the latest, but at least I can say that it's mine.  I've heard the neighborhood's getting new sidewalks, but I liked it the way that it was.  You'd think that this old world could find satisfaction, but somehow it never does.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Game

Vaccine passport.