Garbage in garbage out.











In the game of football any good coach or player or assistant coach or bench warmer is always looking at the clock.  When the clock runs out, the game is over.  But there is always next season.  

I was reading a good blog which I linked to in my blogroll here where the writer was writing about Bobby Fischer.  She ended it up with saying that she doesn't play chess to win but only to learn.  I like that philosophy.  I would always start out a chess game with the idea in my head that I am going to crush my opponent like a dixie cup.  Total domination like Coach Prime says.  In football this may be a good attitude.  

In chess I am going to try the other attitude.  Don't play to win the game but only to learn something that you didn't know before.  Probably over time you will inevitably become a better player and by default you would become the best player that you could possibly be.  Did God create you to be the champion of the world?  

Who are the winners in life and who are the losers.  I think in the Christian church generally speaking and yet now there is extreme divisions amongst those who call themselves Christians but generally speaking and the Lord did say many false preachers would come and we have been doing this for 2000 years.   

I think just praising God and building a church is the right thing to do.  Reaching out to the lost.  When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be.

Letters and diaries to be compared.  The diary of Ann Frank.  Probably a bunch of propaganda.  I like reading the letters of General Lee.  The correspondence between generals in the army and political leaders.  Quite amazing reading quite frankly.  George Washington was a general and went on to be a  political leader.  The first president of the united States of America.

And then I will start in to the books on Abraham Lincoln.  I like to pretend that I am Abraham Lincoln in a small one room cabin with no communication to the outside world and only a few books to read number one I would think I'll need to check would be the bible.

Lincoln lost his home twice to title defects.  And there it is.  Abraham Lincoln "seemed to know the entire Bible by heart."  There's really nothing more to say there.  Just that one accomplishment would be a great lifetime achievement all by itself.

Lincoln said he got his education “by littles,” and it “did not amount to one year.”  He would say his education was "defective".  I think it goes to show his humility.  Must have been one of the smartest men in the world.  Although the North had more industrial resources than the South.  The South was fighting for the right thing and the wrong thing at the same time.

It says Lincoln taught himself, becoming the consummate autodidact.

autodidact

a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.

God bless America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Game

Vaccine passport.