Twenty years.








Where'd they go?  Twenty years.  I don't know.

I think I'll get a nice leather recliner and sit in it for twenty years and read books.  The good book would be the most important one.  I wonder if I can make it to the end in 20 years.  Revelation 22:21 And the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  Amen.

Working my way through Leviticus now.  Twenty-seven chapters.  I'm on chapter 12.  Chapter 10 is where Nadab and Abihu get struck dead.  Don't play with strange fire.  Paul said to study the law to bring you closer to Jesus.  After I get through my ten hours tomorrow I will send a little down to pastor Murray and get a good study book from his library there at The Shepherd's Chapel in Gravette, Arkansas.

Meanwhile the homeless problem still appears to persist.  Looks like they got a lot of them where Coach Prime is heading with his $29 million five-year contract.  I think his kid has locked in a couple of million with NIL deals already too.  Well there's plenty of big homes for sale in Boulder, Colorado.  I see there's a nice one on the market for $7.25M at an undisclosed address.  That might make a good hideout for a few years.

I like your home as your primary investment.  The only difference between you and the homeless is that you have a home.  Once you have a home you're set for life.  George Washington had Mount Vernon.  Thomas Jefferson had Monticello.  I'm not sure where Ben Franklin lived.  I guess his son was a British Loyalist.  I like to think I would have rode with General Lee but I'd hate to imagine being in that war bad enough and then not even having any shoes to wear.

I guess if you think you got it tough you might want to think again.  Even being homeless in the united States of America in 2023 is probably not near as tough as some of those old rebels had it.  And then at the end of the march you get to charge out onto the field and take some hot lead through the forehead or in the upper thigh which could be worse.

Well my life is more like The Great Gatsby or at least closer to that than the soldiers in the Civil War or storming onto Omaha Beach in the big one WWII.  I imagine Abraham Lincoln sitting in an old one-room cabin in front of the fire with an oil lamp reading about Lighthorse Harry Lee and the war for independence against the crown.

And here we are today, wondering what Elon Musk will do and tuning in to the tin-foil hat guys to keep the mind stimulated from time to time.  I like to follow uncle Dave Ramsey the best.  I like his beans and rice strategy.  Baby step one, four walls, scorched earth in perpetuity.  Anything extra you give away or invest.  Drive the old beater until the doors fall off.  

Honestly I don't really like Andrew Tate and his brother.  Seems to me they are a government plant to try to influence young men in all the wrong directions.  Keep them chasing after the bling and the Bughati when they should be listening to Rodney Howard-Browne.  But as we know here at The Doug Kenline Newsletter the important thing is what does it all mean to me Doug Kenline.

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus.  Numbers, Deuteronomy.  Joshua, Judges, Ruth.  Sixty-six books.  Seven seals, seven viles, and seven trumps.

As long as the money markets don't tank and my 401k stays good and the banking system doesn't collapse I should be ok.  Other than that it's every man for himself.  I'd be looking for a good preacher and a good church if they could ever debunk me from my current headquarters.  Lee developed a masterful defensive position.  Defense wins championships.

My overhead is low and the paycheck is still coming in.  I should be able to work for another 20 years and then I'll hang it up.  But I would do the same thing in retirement except for working network engineering trouble tickets.  Although I enjoy that as much as anything else and may develop that angle into a consulting business at the least I  should be able to find another job in the field and hopefully the job I have will hold out for another twenty years.  

No reason why it shouldn't.  I predict that the internet will still be here if anything is still here.  And I predict that this solid brick 1972 building that I am sitting in will still be here too.  No telling what the neighborhood will be like.  Might be another Camden, New Jersey.  Might have to be careful going out to get groceries.  Luckily for me the Safeway is only a five minute walk down the sidewalk and I don't even have to cross a street.

Big words along the wall as you check out way up high says Proudly Serving The Reston Community Since 1967.  Must have been the first grocery store in Hunters Woods.  Got the service station right next door.  And Dunkin Donuts and Jersey Mikes and Ledos Pizza and the barber too.

God bless America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Game

Vaccine passport.