Tell a coal miner.

It's not easy to write for a living.  Tell that to a coal miner.  Tell that to the guy who cuts your grass and pulls your weeds and has to put in 12 hours a day at his second job to make ends meet.

What are the ends that have to meet?  The expenses have to be less than the income.  You have to spend less than you make.  Uncle Dave will tell you that.  It's not rocket science.

Baby step one.  Got that one?  Good job, now baby step 2.

Once you have completed baby step 7 and assuming your income is still there and your expenses remain at baby step one beans and rice, rice and beans, four walls scorched earth levels in perpetuity and you can work your job from home in remote covid 19 fashion so that your paycheck continues to come in like clockwork and all you have to do is look over and see if any emails have come in asking you to do a quick little Cisco network routing and switching lab real quick and talk to the phone to other network engineers all around the world and write out your prognosis in the ticket notes and post the ticket note for the world to see then you can  write for a living. 

It only took me 20 years.  I think if you are still under 20 years old and can get your CCIE within 5 years and you can work 12 hours a day studying and  working out at the gym and living the most spartan of lives in a  small shoe box size rented room for 15 years with a bunch of drunk roommates in a just-off-the-streets boarding house you should be fine.

Other than that well maybe get a business going or find some other way.  That's the only way I know of because that is what I did.  Others have done better.  Some have done worse.  God is  working his plan.  Read the good book and be thankful for what you have.  If you've got two good legs, be thankful.  If you can see, be thankful.  If you are living in the united States of America, be thankful.

So I tried to open a roth IRA like uncle Dave was telling me to do which I think is good advice, but I got to the fund your account button and the money I  had transferred in from my checking account to Fidelity hadn't settled or something so I cancelled out and went to bed.  Next day I get on the horn with Fidelity.  They got a good 24 hour support line with english speaking people who are very good.  I love my other speaking peoples but I'll tell you one thing learning a second language takes work and my hat is off to you.  Send me a link to your english blog and I will add you to my blogroll and we can work together to solve all of the world's problems.

And when you think about trying to solve all of the world's problems for me I can only come around back to what my Dad and Mom and Grandparents tried to teach me and maybe it finally sunk in.  It's a funny thing philosophy and religion.  I've landed on the rock and I'm glad to be here.  If you want to be friends and help me solve the world's problems let me know.  Like Coach Prime says, I ain't hard to find.

So Matthew down at Fidelity, a very educated man regarding finances, and yet still needing to transfer me if I needed more specifics on any of the four areas that the website has all of my money broken down into namely Investment Accounts, Retirement Accounts, Professionally Managed Accounts, and Stock Plans.  I like how Fidelity offers the one two combo punch of most excellent website along with 24 hour smart people on the phone to talk to.  That along with uncle Dave should have me set here where I can do like he says and start giving back.

So I'll give back  by  saying listen to uncle Dave and you can get to where I am in probably 20 or 30 years but be careful not to end  up like Sam Bankman-Fried or get too heavily involved in Amway.  Maybe sell real estate.  Jerry Fetta is always looking for sales  people but I  would  rather rub hot pepper sauce in my eyes than have to make sales calls and get sales to pay my bills.  No thank you.  Been there done that didn't like the t-shirt.

God bless America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Weight Game

Vaccine passport.